Saturday, January 3, 2009

I Love My Job:

Wow!, when was the last time you heard this? Last night, I had dinner at Texas Roadhouse (one of my favorite places!) and the employees all had shirts on that said “I Love My Job!” Seeing that my thing is to be on the lookout for such strange things in our society, I took notice! You see, as a coach, my job is to help people work in an area that is a match with their natural gifts, talents, and abilities.

The sad truth is that most folks are not. In a recent conversation I had with Tom Bradburn, president of Right People USA, he threw out a stat he recently saw in Forbes magazine: 87% of the folks out there are not a right fit for what they are doing. It’s not that they don’t want to enjoy their work, it’s that they’re not a fit! I recently had a person tell me “Kevin, I don’t have a clue what I want to do; but I know it’s not this”. Now, let me set the stage-he had been doing “this” job for 20 years!

My hope and prayer for you is that you’ll give yourself the freedom to be in a job you love-everyone desires this!

You may have a dream, a life-long goal, or something you never thought possible. Take the responsibility to surround yourself with people and resources that can make a difference in your life! Through conversation and maybe an assessment or two (we have one that focus on your personality and how it fits in your workplace that you might want to check out), you’re sure to get on track!

As a nationally Credentialed Career Manager (CCM), Coach Kevin Tucker has been partnering with individuals like you for the last 25 years. Using a faith-based foundation, he has continually been able to help motivated individuals find their calling in life! Check out more at www.CCubedCareer.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment